Maintenance extends the life of your carpet. Carpet should always be cleaned in the way the manufacturer specifies. Most manufacturers recommend you have carpets professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months. Your Lowe's Flooring Specialist should be able to give you information on the recommended cleaning procedures for your specific type of carpet.
Articles in this section
- My basement flooded and got my new carpet all wet. What do I do now?
- What do I need to know about carpet fiber and mold?
- What can I do to eliminate the mold on my carpet?
- Does my carpet pad need replacing after being soaked?
- My carpet is buckling and wrinkling, what causes this to happen?
- I have loop carpet and my seams are raveling, what is causing this?
- I have wool carpet, should I use a beater bar/brush when I vacuum?
- How often should I vacuum?
- I was told never have my carpet cleaned, is this true?
- Why does my carpet appear to change color in patches?