The Carpet and Rug Institute recommends that you use a vacuum cleaner that has suction only for wool carpets. Vacuuming regularly, at least once a week, will keep soil and dirt from getting ground into the carpet. Remember to move the vacuum slowly across the carpet to give it time in each area to remove the dirt and fuzz.
Articles in this section
- My basement flooded and got my new carpet all wet. What do I do now?
- What do I need to know about carpet fiber and mold?
- What can I do to eliminate the mold on my carpet?
- Does my carpet pad need replacing after being soaked?
- My carpet is buckling and wrinkling, what causes this to happen?
- I have loop carpet and my seams are raveling, what is causing this?
- I have wool carpet, should I use a beater bar/brush when I vacuum?
- How often should I vacuum?
- I was told never have my carpet cleaned, is this true?
- Why does my carpet appear to change color in patches?
Please sign in to leave a comment.