Sorry, but that Vinyl will have to go! You should never install tile over vinyl because the thinset mortar (which holds the tile in place) will not stick to the vinyl. That means that even if it looks OK when it is first put down, it will crack and loosen over time, making the tile flooring fall apart. We want your investment to last!
Articles in this section
- How long will installation take?
- You finished the project in my home. Is there anything else for me to do?
- What should I do to prepare for my upcoming installation?
- How do you attach my new carpet to my old carpet in the doorway?
- You measured and said I have a "high joist". What is that?
- I saw the advertisement at Lowe's for a 72 hour install. What is that?
- What is a dye lot?
- I purchased white primed quarter round. What does that mean? Do I have to paint it or what?
- Do I need to be present for my installation?
- Why is there so much waste?