That is up to you! Lowe's offers a wide variety of padding from the basic "Super6" pad to the ultra soft "Stainmaster Elite Foam" pad and everything in between. New pad is nice to walk on, clean, free of residual odors, and increases the life of your new carpet. Your Lowe's flooring specialist can help you choose the best pad to go with the type of carpet you select. Carpet manufacturers have recommendations for cushion specifications. Cut pile carpet should have a firm cushion that is no thicker than 7/16 of an inch. Berber carpet and most commercial carpet should have a very firm cushion no thicker than 3/8 of an inch.
Articles in this section
- What type of cushion/ pad should I use under my carpet?
- Do you put quarter round on top of carpet?
- Can you put laminate on top of tile?
- Can you install laminate on top of the peel and stick vinyl I currently have in my bathroom?
- I have a particle board subfloor. What kind of flooring can I put on top of it?
- I want perfectly smooth tile flooring. What should I choose?
- What does "natural stone tile" mean?
- What are the pros and cons of Cali Bamboo flooring?
- Does Lowe's offer waterproof flooring?
- What is the difference between vinyl and linoleum?
Please sign in to leave a comment.