Several things can cause buckling, the most common reason is sliding heavy furniture across the carpet. But also improper installation, the wrong type of cushion, or high humidity can contribute to this. When having your carpet re-stretched, be sure all the furniture is removed from the room and the carpet is power stretched very tightly in all four directions. Unfortunately, we are not able to re-stretch carpet because it is not a service provided by Lowe's. A quick Google search for "carpet stretching services near me" should help you find a local professional to do the work.
Articles in this section
- My basement flooded and got my new carpet all wet. What do I do now?
- What do I need to know about carpet fiber and mold?
- What can I do to eliminate the mold on my carpet?
- Does my carpet pad need replacing after being soaked?
- My carpet is buckling and wrinkling, what causes this to happen?
- I have loop carpet and my seams are raveling, what is causing this?
- I have wool carpet, should I use a beater bar/brush when I vacuum?
- How often should I vacuum?
- I was told never have my carpet cleaned, is this true?
- Why does my carpet appear to change color in patches?