Most hard surface products require us to leave what is called an "expansion gap" around the perimeter of the room. Wood products like laminate, hardwood and even the underlayment needed on some jobs, will shrink and swell with the humidity in your home. If we don't leave the expansion gap it can cause issues in the future. The quarter round will cover that gap and you will never be aware of what your floor is doing through the seasons!
Articles in this section
- How long will installation take?
- You finished the project in my home. Is there anything else for me to do?
- What should I do to prepare for my upcoming installation?
- How do you attach my new carpet to my old carpet in the doorway?
- You measured and said I have a "high joist". What is that?
- I saw the advertisement at Lowe's for a 72 hour install. What is that?
- What is a dye lot?
- I purchased white primed quarter round. What does that mean? Do I have to paint it or what?
- Do I need to be present for my installation?
- Why is there so much waste?