Great question! We install laminate in kitchens almost every day. We do not recommend installing laminate or wood in bathrooms where showers or tubs are present. Exposure to moisture over time can cause serious problems with wood or laminate floors. That includes water from sinks and tubs, but also things like pet bowls and kid spills. Remember kitchens and bathrooms can get messy! If you spill your Thanksgiving gravy on your wood or laminate floor, please clean it up immediately using the methods outlined in the use and care guide for the specific product you have chosen. Tile and Vinyl products offer more moisture protection and may be a better long term choice.
Articles in this section
- What type of cushion/ pad should I use under my carpet?
- Do you put quarter round on top of carpet?
- Can you put laminate on top of tile?
- Can you install laminate on top of the peel and stick vinyl I currently have in my bathroom?
- I have a particle board subfloor. What kind of flooring can I put on top of it?
- I want perfectly smooth tile flooring. What should I choose?
- What does "natural stone tile" mean?
- What are the pros and cons of Cali Bamboo flooring?
- Does Lowe's offer waterproof flooring?
- What is the difference between vinyl and linoleum?