Laminate flooring is a man-made product that is made to emulate wood flooring. Wood flooring is made from trees that are milled into boards and kiln dried. Wood flooring has natural variation sand imperfections while laminate is more consistent in color. Wood floors are more likely to expand and contract with changes in humidity. Both are beautiful options but very different. Please consult your sales specialist for guidance regarding the floor that is right for you.
Articles in this section
- What type of cushion/ pad should I use under my carpet?
- Do you put quarter round on top of carpet?
- Can you put laminate on top of tile?
- Can you install laminate on top of the peel and stick vinyl I currently have in my bathroom?
- I have a particle board subfloor. What kind of flooring can I put on top of it?
- I want perfectly smooth tile flooring. What should I choose?
- What does "natural stone tile" mean?
- What are the pros and cons of Cali Bamboo flooring?
- Does Lowe's offer waterproof flooring?
- What is the difference between vinyl and linoleum?