It is always best for old asbestos tile floors to be professionally removed prior to any installation. However, we understand that this is not always possible. If your asbestos floor is sound, or in other words, "adhered securely," then we can usually stretch carpet over top of it or install laminate or vinyl plank. UHS is not authorized to test for asbestos, penetrate or remove asbestos flooring. UHS does not install ceramic tile over asbestos. In certain cases, sheet vinyl may be possible. Talk it over with us when we come out to measure and we can help you make the right choice!
Articles in this section
- What type of cushion/ pad should I use under my carpet?
- Do you put quarter round on top of carpet?
- Can you put laminate on top of tile?
- Can you install laminate on top of the peel and stick vinyl I currently have in my bathroom?
- I have a particle board subfloor. What kind of flooring can I put on top of it?
- I want perfectly smooth tile flooring. What should I choose?
- What does "natural stone tile" mean?
- What are the pros and cons of Cali Bamboo flooring?
- Does Lowe's offer waterproof flooring?
- What is the difference between vinyl and linoleum?