Great question! Basements can be tricky because they are more prone to moisture than other areas of your home. We find that most customers choose to have carpet over pad installed in their basements. This is nice because it is warmer to the touch and provides a cozy feel. Every basement is different. However, generally speaking, we do not recommend wood or laminate products in basements. Tile or vinyl products are good for basements as long as the subfloor is flat. Cali bamboo cannot be installed in basements. Ask your Lowe's flooring specialist for information about the specific types of flooring you are considering.
Articles in this section
- What type of cushion/ pad should I use under my carpet?
- Do you put quarter round on top of carpet?
- Can you put laminate on top of tile?
- Can you install laminate on top of the peel and stick vinyl I currently have in my bathroom?
- I have a particle board subfloor. What kind of flooring can I put on top of it?
- I want perfectly smooth tile flooring. What should I choose?
- What does "natural stone tile" mean?
- What are the pros and cons of Cali Bamboo flooring?
- Does Lowe's offer waterproof flooring?
- What is the difference between vinyl and linoleum?